Centrica Energy sources, generates, processes and trades in oil, gas and power to help ensure that we meet the needs of our energy customers both now and in the future. Downstream we supply gas and electricity to millions of homes and businesses and offer a distinctive range of home energy solutions and low-carbon products and services.
In a growing business and with global investments in both traditional and new energy sources, there is a wealth of career opportunities for talented people.
We are proud of our track record in creating an environment where people can grow, develop and deliver their personal best. We are also proud that Centrica Energy has featured in employee-voted awards lists; we have been voted as one of The Sunday Times Top 80 Best Companies to Work For.
Our Upstream business:
The Centrica Energy Upstream story is a compelling one. We're an ambitious company with an impressive heritage. We’ve forged a company with exceptional strength and resilience.
We’re already well on our way to achieving our ambitious growth plans to increase production by 50% within the next five years - bringing exciting opportunities for everyone involved.
Our teams draw on their unique blend of expertise and experience to bring fresh thinking to the challenges of exploration, development and production. This enables us to succeed where others have been unable.
Our commitment to finding and producing gas and oil safely, efficiently and effectively has brought significant achievements and with ambitious production targets and a strategy to expand our international reach, Centrica Energy Upstream is focused on growth.
It’s our pioneering spirit and dedication to high performance which has seen us:
• Become one of the fastest growing entrants on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
• Mark more than 25 years of gas production in the East Irish Sea
• Sales in our upstream UK business rose to £682million during the first half of 2012, compared with £531million in the first half of 2011.
• Significantly enhanced our position in Norway through the acquisition from Statoil of interests in Kvitebjørn, Heimdal and Valemon
• Achieve an enviable drilling record in the North Sea
• Enter the natural gas sector in Trinidad and Tobago
• Deliver groundbreaking projects such as the self-installing F3-FA platform