Hallin Marine, a Superior Energy Services company, is an integrated subsea contractor providing a range of engineering and subsea services to the offshore oil and gas sector worldwide. Headquartered in Singapore, but with operations around the globe, Hallin offers customers the technical expertise and a cost-effective capability to complete subsea engineering projects with confidence. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers.
Hallin Marine are currently looking for a Senior ROV System Engineer to join their team in Aberdeen.
***May suit an individual that is working offshore and keen to move onshore***
• Ensure that ROV equipment is managed in line with Hallin requirements.
• Assist with review of operational technical requirements for allocated ROV systems.
• Sourcing of company owned and third party equipment for operational ROV systems.
• Oversee mobilisation and demobilisation of allocated ROV systems.
• Produce performance analysis (breakdown statistics) on a monthly basis.
• Propose ROV system improvement plans where applicable.
• Provide input during modification and upgrading of ROV fleet.
• Ensure appropriate user documentation, certification, spares, and consumables are available at the Worksite to support planned/on-going ROV operations.
• Ensure that ROV Technical issues are reported & managed to conclusion and in a timely manner.
• Ensure that equipment spreads are, and remain, compliant with legislative and company standards applicable within the territory of operation.
• Technical Point-of-Contact for Project Teams and Offshore Crews.
• Ensure that ROV crews are aware of the roles and responsibilities associated with their respective positions and are carrying these out in line with Fleet & Equipment - ROV standards.
• Ensure that high focus is maintained on the maximisation of ROV Equipment uptime.
• Manage Planned Maintenance System Execution Standards.
• Ensure that core ROV crews are provided with sufficient information to manage ROV systems in line with company requirements.
• Maintenance of Offshore ROV Equipment Inventories to assist Project Billing accuracy.
• Control of Maintenance & Repair Budgets, including the review and authorisation of spares & equipment requests from Worksites, within the limits of assigned financial authority.
• Liaison with Ships' Operations Managers and Vessel Superintendents to ensure that Vessel scheduling is understood and used to maximum advantage for ROV maintenance.
• Liaison with other departments (including Commercial & Operations) to ensure timely Workflow for assigned Work-scopes.
• Liaison with Personnel & Logistics Team to ensure correct crew levels are maintained.
• Management of ROV crews while maintaining ROV systems in workshop.
• Participate in out-of-hours On-Call rota
The ideal candidate will have
• Previous experience in a similar role
• An understanding of data integrity and management of change
• High levels of computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Enthusiastic and conscientious
• Previous work experience of safety and environmental matters
• Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrable attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision
• Willingness to share information and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach
• Formal training in an engineering discipline to at least HNC level is essential.
• Consideration will also be given to those with extensive experience in ROV operations offshore.
• Ability to self-manage, including flexibility around work-hours profile in light of operational nature of position
• Disciplined and systematic approach to workload management with proven ability to prioritise tasks
Interested? Please apply today.